Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let Chaos Reign....

Julie had her 10th birthday party last night and I will be honest in saying, I don't know what the heck I was thinking! We invited 18 cute girls to come and 17 ended up coming. It was insane! Giggling, wrestling, screaming, laughing, squealing, which means that they had a great time, of course. Julie decided on a "baking theme" so we got some help from some of the greatest bakers I know, my Dad & Kaye! Between them and Belinda, they saved the day. We played pin the cherry on the cupcake, pass the Christmas eraser, and Apples to Apples. James, Belinda, Dad & Kaye worked like crazy making individual pizzas for every kid with whatever toppings they wanted. Let me just say, I would pay big money for that pizza, it was SO GOOD! Then we sang Happy Birthday and Julie blew out candles from the adorable cupcakes that Kaye made for the event...(talk about good cake...oh my!) After that we let the girls decorate the cupcakes (from a box) that I made. (They took the cupcakes home that Kaye made in a cute little box.) Then they got to eat the second rate cupcakes. Julie got some amazing presents and loved every minute of it. I am pretty sure that all 5 adults had massive headaches by the end of the night! Luckily for Jackson, Dad & Kaye brought Dyson with them so the boys escaped to the basement and wouldn't come up (smart boys!). It was a great night and fun celebration for Julie. Sunday is her actual birthday and we will celebrate again that night. A special thanks again to Belinda, Dad & Kaye! James and I would have lost it without you!
*Julie and Zoe (who came all the way from up South just to participate!
*Jackson and Dyson (his basement buddy and we were all so glad he was there!)
*The great bakers and grandparents Kaye & Dad
*Emily eating the bird she made out of frosting
*Julie opening her presents
*Princess Megan eating the pizza she special ordered
*Julie's Birthday Cupcakes
*The girls playing Apples to Apples...CHAOS! :)

2 comments:

Amy Alvord said...

Holy cow! Those are some mighty fine cupcakes. Next time invite me and I'll be the bouncer.

Cari said...

This sounds like such a fun party! I'm going to have to write this down for future reference. Happy Birthday Julie!