Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Surprise Emotions

Today was our Christmas Activity Days Girls Activity. We started with the theme, Relax and Remember. It turned out amazing and I am so happy with how the girls responded. A wonderful friend came and taught the girls how to do yoga for 35 minutes. I have NEVER heard them that quiet before. Then I read them the story, Mr Finnegan's Giving Chest. I read this story last year and remembered how much I liked it but I didn't remember the details of the story. As I was reading, the main character in the book is grieving the loss of her grandma and as I read that, I lost it. I sat there and read that book to those sweet girls with tears streaming down my face. They handled my hysterics beautifully! I do love this story and the girls sat there silently listening and taking in the message this book conveys. I then bore my testimony to the girls about how the hustle and bustle of the holidays makes us lose sight of the real meaning of the season. We all need to take a step back, relax, and remember what Christmas is all about. We presented the girls with comfy, cute, Christmas socks (to help them relax) filled with candy and candy canes and a tag that said, Relax and Remember. They loved it and honestly, I did too.
Wednesdays are CRAZY around here. Not only am I in charge of the Activity Day girls, Jackson has Cub Scouts, and James is in charge of the Teachers Activity. (They took all the youth carolling tonight.) Sometimes we eat dinner before 8 pm but, it's always up in the air. Tonight we decided to make pizzas again with the leftover stuff from Julie's party. It was so good! Overall, it was a fantastic night!
*You may wonder why I am posting about all of this today. For family journaling purposes, I wanted to record what an average week is like in our house. Thanks for indulging me!

No comments: