Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Brad's Eagle Court of Honor...

Tonight was Brad Phairs Eagle Court of Honor and it was amazing. I have had an emotional day anyway but this threw me right over the edge! It started out with my cute little cubscout Jackson being the caller for the color guard. He did a fabulous job and I was so proud of him. Next, James did the "Trail to Eagle" and did a great job explaining what each rank is and what it takes to earn them. Then Bishop had Brad come up. He explained to Brad what each pin was for. The he asked Brad who the "Mentor Pin" was for. Brad for weeks has been telling me he wanted to pin it on Jeffrey. But Brad tricked us all by announcing that he wanted to give it to James. The Bishop made Brad explain why he was honoring James with this award and Brad explained how James has been there for him. I was crying so badly because I know how much Brad means to James. Brad got teary eyed as he explained all that James has done for him. It was a very special moment and yes, they hugged at the end. Then, for the special recogniction part of the program, I presented Brad with 3 letters I had collected from people who I had sent emails to about Jeffrey and Brad relationship. Glenn Beck sent a letter and bumper sticker, Steve Young sent a letter and autographed picture, and David Osmond sent a heartfelt letter that was very moving. I explained that I did this for Brad because of his relationship with Jeffrey. Yes, I cried during this part too! Then James presented Brad with a compass telling Brad that he needed to make sure he was always on the right path and that this was a great start to making sure the arrow is always pointing in the right direction. It was a very moving and touching night and I am so proud of Brad. Thanks Phairs for allowing us to have a small part in such a special night!
*Pictures are forthcoming when I can get them from Deborahs cousin!

No comments: