Monday, February 7, 2011

Magic Kingdom or Bust ... Day 2

We woke up excited and ready to start our adventures! After a HUGE breakfast at the Gingerbread house, we drove to the Magic Kingdom. James had told the kids about the "Your Money's No Good Here" button and they were disappointed when the lady at the parking station didn't say those exact words but James and I were thrilled that we didn't have to pay the $14 parking fee regardless of anything she said! We rode the ferry across the lake and the excitement just grew when the Magic Kingdom came into view. We walked into the park and sure enough, the first thing we saw was a photographer so we had our pictures taken and decided that Adventureland would be our first stop.Jackson noticed the Swiss Family Treehouse and insisted that he and James go explore while Julie noticed Ariel! So Jeffrey, Julie and I went and met Ariel while the boys went exploring. When we were all done, we all headed to Aladdins Magic Carpet Ride...our first ride! We went to get into line and the cast member told us to go to the exit line. As we did, the gentleman working the ride apologized to us for not being able to get us on the next ride but would that be alright? WHAT! Of course! Then he said that if we wanted to ride more than once, to just let him know. REALLY? Ok... We were shocked at the customer service we were receiving and thrilled!!!! Jeffrey rode with me and he LOVED it. The smiles, laughter, and "ya ya ya-ing" that was going on was exactly what I had imagined. It was starting out to be a great day. We explored Adventureland and rode all the rides and then headed over to Frontierland. Guess who we met on the way....Jesse and Woody!!! The kids were so excited and I will be completely honest in saying, I was too! Once again, the worker noticed Jeffrey's badge and pushed us to the front of the line. Jesse made a big deal about how cute Julies hair was and then went over and played with Jeffrey for a minute. Woody was keeping Jackson and James entertained and then Jesse leaned over to me and whispered..."He's special". Oh my heart just melted! I know Jeffrey is special but I love it when others are in tune enough to recognize that quality in him as well.We took pictures and I stopped crying and we went on our way but that moment was one that I will always remember. We went on Big Thunder Mountain and the reaction was always the same...our oldest loves him so thrill rides. I wonder where he gets that from? :)Next we headed to Fantasyland! We noticed Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and I couldn't resist. When Jeffrey was a preemie in the hospital the Kenny Loggins version of the Winnie the Pooh theme song came out and when my little guy was in his isolate and so upset about the pain or something else we would play that song and for some reason, it would calm him down. We bought him a stuffed Pooh Bear and to this day when I see that toy, it makes me emotional (surprise I know). We didn't pass up on the opportunity to see 2 characters that mean a lot to our little family, even though Julie and Jackson weren't so thrilled. Next we went on the Winnie the Pooh ride! Let me just say this, Disney does a great job at making sure that even if I line is long, they keep you entertained. In this ride, they had huge touch screens that have honey oozing down them. You were able to take your hand and wipe the honey away to reveal hidden images behind the honey. It was way fun!!!! (Julie and Jackson wanted to ride this ride with Jeffrey and James and I sat behind them. This scene ALMOST brought me to tears. I love the fact that they love their brother SO much!) After this cute ride was over, we ran into the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit. The Queen of Hearts insisted that we shouldn't be scared of her but with the idea of losing our heads we didn't stay too long.We even convinced James to go on the teacup rides but we weren't allowed to spin too fast. We then went to a fantastic 3D show called Mickey's Philharmagic. It was great and the kids loved it. Then we headed to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe to eat. Yes, eating in Disneyworld is expensive! And these burgers were alright but really for $50 you would expect something out of this world (pun on words....did you catch it! :P) We headed into Tomorrowland and went on the Buzz Lightyear Ride. So much fun for the entire family and afterwards, we saw Buzz!!! We then went to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Alright, this is one of the most fun things to do in Disneyworld if you like laughing. Every show is different and I don't know if we laughed that hard any other time the entire trip! Check it out! Jackson was SO excited to drive the cars on the Speedway but was sorely disappointed when he couldn't be the driver because he was too short. So he was left to steer while I did the pedals while Julie drove her own car. He was SO jealous! James rode with Jeffrey and let Jeffrey drive. The first thing he said when we got done was, "Don't ever let the blind kid drive!" Duly noted. We then moved onto Toon Town. While we were in Orlando they made the big announcement about expanding Fantasyland and getting rid of Toon Town. While I totally agree that Toon Town isn't the biggest attraction, and Fantasyland does need to be larger, it makes me sad. I love glimpsing into Mickey and Minnie's house and the bigger than life animated world. Anyway! We went into this little store and were able to go though the lines to see Tinkerbell, and 2 other fairies! They paid such special attention to Jeffrey and the rest of the kids. Rosetta especially seemed to get a kick out of trying to get a rise out of Jackson by placing her forearms on his head and twirling his hair. He had no idea what to do but just stand there! It was so funny and she gave Jeffrey a kiss with her lipstick that lasted the rest of the night.
All the fairies called Jeffrey's wheelchair a flying machine which Julie thought was hilarious. It was really fun and then we went to see Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle. Oh my goodness did we have a happy girl on our hands! Julie still loves her some Cinderella and Cinderella was kind enough to take pictures with just Julie. She even taught Julie a princess pose! It was a great way to end the day. We called Give Kids the World as we were leaving the park and they had pizza and drinks waiting for us at our villa when we got back. (On a side note, everytime you come back to the village, you have to go through a security gate. They always say "Welcome Home" ... and they meant it!) Also, waiting on the table was more PRESENTS! Does it get any better than that? I don't think so! We ate and promptly went to bed, exhausted.

*I know this is a long post and there are a ton of pictures BUT while I enjoy sharing with all of you what is going on in our lives, in the end, this is a journal for my family so I really want to include everything. I apologize!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I am loving this series of posts! Keep 'em coming! Disney docent mess around, do they? I'm so happy to hear how everyone took such good care of you & made you all feel so special. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more. You guys are awesome!
Oh you probably already know this, but I was looking at Jackson's cute face yesterday in primary & he is exactly 50% you & 50% James. Top half of his face is James, bottom half is all you! It's like someone cut your faces in half & smooshed them together!
Love you!

Amy Alvord said...

I'm experiencing pure joy while I read this. Better go get the tissues.

Janae said...

I'm with Celeste and Amy. Absolutely loving these posts! What a great experience for your family. I can't wait to read the rest. Ya'll are amazing!!

Diana said...

So awesome! I love all the details! Just one question, why did Jeffrey need the 3-D glasses? Hee Hee! For some reason that picture cracks me up...yes I need some sleep.